1. Download Google Authenticator on your phone. iOS users log into App Store and search “Authenticator”. Android users log into Google Play or search “Google Authenticator” on a mobile browser.
iOS download link: https://itunes.apple.com/cn/app/google-authenticator/id388497605?mt=8
Android download link: http://shouji.baidu.com/software/22417419.html
Scan the QR code to download Android version:
2. iOS users: Open Google Authenticator, tap the “+” icon in the upper right corner and choose “Scan barcode”.
Android users: Scanning a barcode is unavailable, so please choose “Manual entry”. Enter the related information shown in the image below and tap the “√” icon to save.
3. Scan the QR code in the “Bind” page or manually enter the key in the image below. At this time, your Google Authenticator will generate a 6-digit verification code. Fill this code into the box and click “Bind”.
4. Enter your email/SMS verification code in the new page. Email verification codes will expire in 30 minutes, and SMS verification codes expire in 10 minutes. Google Authenticator code will expire in 30 seconds. If you try frequently, but you continue to see pop-ups telling you your GA code is wrong after frequent attempts, please synchronize the time of your phone and computer to make sure they are the same.
5. After you have successfully set up GA, a GA code (the 6-digit code) will be required for each login or security action. The code changes every 30 seconds. Please remember to only enter the newest code.
6. What if I lose my phone and Google Authenticator?
(1) We highly recommend you save the key or QR code when you bind GA. If your phone is lost, you can still bind GA to your new phone using the key or QR code.
(2) If you forget to backup the key or QR code, please send your photo of you holding your ID and contact phone or email to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for unbinding GA. After our support team resolves this problem, you will be able to bind a new GA.